Diabetes doesn't just mess with your body.
Whether you're consumed with thinking about managing diabetes perfectly, or worrying that you're not thinking about your health enough, it can be hard to feel like yourself (let alone your best self) with a diabetes diagnosis on board. You might go gung-ho and do every thing you're supposed to do for a week or so only to end up exhausted and discouraged with blood sugars you still can't fully explain or control. There are emotional, social and psychological consequences that go with this disease, and these can take a significant toll that others often don't recognize or understand. This is where I come in.
I help people out of isolation, past self-judgment and into a life that is balanced and joyful.
I'm Cassady and I use my professional training as a Certified Medical Family Therapist as well as my personal experience to empower people to navigate chronic illness and live life in an authentic, fulfilling way. Whether it's yours or someone else's, I can help you take steps to heal and feel better because there's so much more to you than this disease. Here are some things we can work on together:
- Feeling depressed, anxious and stuck in unproductive thought patterns
- Determining “Diabetes Distress” and "Diabetes Burnout" from related conditions such as anxiety, depression and stress (yes, there's a difference)
- Coping with the guilt and stress of not being perfect with your diabetes management
- Adjusting to initial diagnosis and acclimating to “the new normal”
- Life with complications
- Relationship communication skills and navigating differing priorities and self-management
- Issues with body image, self-esteem, and disordered eating including binge eating and "diabulimia"